Saturday, December 25

And this shall be a sign...You will find the Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had a quiet day here today. There was just hubby and I. We cooked a small turkey with all the trimmings and it was delicious. Then we watched Christmas movies and Old Dogs on tv. We enjoyed Percy Jackson The Lightning Thief and just lazed around.

Last night, we went to Michelle's for Christmas Eve dinner. Roast beef and all that goes with it was the menu. Then they laid out a spread of cheese, crackers, pickles and Christmas treats. We opened gifts and had a great time. This year most of the gifts were just token gifts, as this has been a hard year for us all. Somehow it was better because the focus was on enjoying each other's company and not on gifts. Barry's parents and my mother joined in the celebration. The boys got hoodies and a book from hubby and I. No expensive games or gaming systems.

Hubby and I got a gift card for Swiss Chal*et from Barry, Michelle and the boys. But Christmas isn't over for us. We will have another celebration at Mom's on New Year's Day. That is when she has hers so everyone can enjoy Christmas with their immediate family. She's done this for several years.

I hope that all my blogging friends and acquaintances had a wonderful Christmas. I would love to hear all about how you celebrated with your families and the traditions that have been handed down from one generation to another. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

9 comments:

  1. I hope that you had a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend..... So glad that your Christmas was good..... I wish you health and happiness and prosperity in the coming New Year..... Our day here was nice and quiet. My English meal went over real well and everyone just loved the Yorkshire pudding..... Dennis is off the rest of the week till Jan 3 so we are just going to do some running around..... We have many projects in the house but they will wait for a couple of weeks.. We want to just rest and enjoy each other and his time off. I have some pictures to post of Christmas day here and will try to do that tomorrow (today)

    I plan on getting pretty busy on Etsy next week and will try to learn how to join with groups.. I will give you a shout and see if you can help me understand that!

    I need to try and go back to bed,,, it is 3 am and I am still wide awake!

    hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Mary! Glad you had a nice day.
    We will have our family Christmas tonight, then our parties are done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quiet celebration sounds pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you we have another Christmas get-together coming up in January with my family on the 8th..It just works better to wait until then since everyone has their own family things to do.
    We are snowed in for the moment and enjoying a quiet house.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have policemen and nurses in our family and we plan around their work days... so the first day everyone can be off is Dec. 30 and that's when we will get together. So we are still waiting for our Christmas get-together. On Christmas eve we had supper with our neighbors. On Christmas day we visited with my mom. Today we were snowed in and we enjoyed our quite day at home. Your Christmas seemed perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a grand Christmas with family. And another big get together to look forward too at your Mother's home. For those of us who no longer have our parents, your being able to be with them sounds like the best present ever. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, this sounds like an ideal Christmas celebration if you ask me!! I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging, and posted what Santa gave to me [and other friends] today, and now I'm gonna be spending a couple of days packing away from the holidays and decorations.

    Mmmmmmmmmm, did you say turkey? Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a nice time and hope you have a wonderful new year too.
    I like the idea of keeping the gift giving under control. It helps us focus on what it's really about. We adults don't exchange gifts at all but the parents do provide for their children. We always have a wonderful time just having time together and have a big meal too.

    ReplyDelete