Saturday, March 20

The Weight Loss Game

Yes, I'm still playing the weight loss game. I had lost 16 lbs. in about 3 months, which I was very pleased with. Then, the dreaded plateau. For three weeks I didn't lose a pound. I did gain and then lose one pound in that time.

I got on the scales on Friday morning and I had lost 2 pounds again, for a total of 18 pounds since December 15th. While I was having a fit because I wasn't losing weight, I didn't realize that I was losing inches. Now that I recall, that often happens. I've lost an entire inch off my waist, which isn't bad and now I need to buy a belt to keep my jeans in place. I'm continually pulling them up.

My goal for the year was to lose 62 lbs. So I have a long way to go yet, but am feeling confident I will come near it. Even if I don't, I've lost enough that I'm feeling much better.

On a different note, the weather was beautiful for the kids March Break this past week. Today it is colder and snow flurries is predicted for Monday. Hope they are wrong.

Enjoy your weekend. I'm hoping to find time to visit all my friends soon.

13 comments:

  1. Hooray for you! You've done really well. I had lost but gained 2 pounds last week so have to get at it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Mary... The feeling better is the best part of your post..we had beautiful Spring weather for the last few days.. everything is getting ready to bloom and my allergies are already cranking up...but it is warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the scale moving again. I can hardly wait to weigh in two weeks - feeling good about it.

    We had 3 beautiful spring days, then snow, then sun, but cold, maybe tomorrow warmth and melting the rest of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl....... Keep it up... The rewards will be worth it.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying to lose a little weight,too. I have been sort of sneaking in the back door about it, though. I know if I made a big announcement to family and friends, that would be the end of it. I need to sort of sneak up on myself with it. Congratulations on your success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great my friend, congrats. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!!!! good job.
    You have encouraged me to go on, I am trying to run. 5 years ago, I ran the quarter marathon at 50, now I am thinking of doing the half. I told the kids in school, to cheer me on.

    Yesterday, I went on a tramp, 4 and half hours. I almost died. I mustn't given up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhh, this report is peachy!!! You're back on the track. As you say, the lost inch is what counts. And mostly, the part where you feel better. That is most important.

    Keep up the good work.

    And here it was nice --in the high 70s low 80s and beautiful. Then, yesterday all heck broke loose. There for a while the sky looked tornadic...but just heavy rain. Now this morning...chilly!!! It needs to warm back up for me to be happy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice!! You're doing well. In the meantime, I wrote you a message on FB, did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done. If you don't lose any more, that's still significant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS....It's Monday morning, and I just sent you an email. It's about giving me credit for the blog design which I didn't do....hope you can open the email/receive it.

    Have a great week my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the 18 pounds!
    I am finally motivated. See my daybook.
    I try to be happy with the new way my clothes fit and so should you. Sometimes the scale can be an enemy, causing us to become blue because the number doesn't move when we know we've sacrificed so much. There are ways to get over plateaus. Sometimes it just takes leaving a certain food off our list for a few days.
    Keep up the good work,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete