Tuesday, July 14

Tackle it Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme
Today hubby took the boys to see a movie. That is a first. We usually all go, but I had no interest in Transformers and so sent the guys off to bond while watching it.

As soon as they left, I started going through my kitchen cupboards. I couldn't believe the stuff that was in there that I hadn't used for a long time. I put some in the recycling bin, some in the garbage and some in a bag for charity. Then I washed the insides of the cupboards down and reorganized everything.

I have very little counter space as it is and with the cupboards hoarding unnecessary things, I had no where to put anything. That left the counter full of clutter. Now the counter is clear of all clutter and the space is reclaimed. It's something that really needed doing.

When the guys got home, they told me what a great movie it was. I'm glad they enjoyed it. They thought the kitchen looked 100% better. They had asked me what I was going to do while they were gone and I told them I was going to take a nap. They sure were surprised to see I'd been working and reorganizing the entire time, and it feels great to have a clutter-free counter.

Do you have a project that you're tackling right now? If so, be sure to check out 5 minutes for Mom and join in the fun.

12 comments:

  1. Good for you! I bet you are feeling good about what you got done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great accomplishment!
    It's amazing how a project like that, can be a spontaneous task and make you wonder, 'why didn't I do this a month ago?'
    Great post!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tackled a LOT yesterday , does that count? Did a lot to day and have energy to spare..... Yesterday was wiped out at 9:00 pm........ I wish I had the energy that I had at 30...... I could get so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised to hear they enjoyed. I read that it was the worst movie of the summer. Sometimes you have to see for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dd wanted to take her Dad out for his birthday to dinner and the movie of his choice. His choice was Transformers. I didn't want to go but he wanted me to so I went. I learned a valuable lesson as a result of that movie. Well not the movie itself but the circumstances around the movie. As for the movie, I didn't care for it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when I complete a project like that; cleaning out kitchen cabinets, cleaning out bathroom cabinets, cleaning out closests....it's been too long since I've felt that satisfaction. In other words, all my cabinets and closets are A MESS! lol That just means there's plenty of opportunity for me to obtain happiness through cleaning...if I ever can convince myself to Just. Get. Started. :)

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, what time can you be at my house? I could use some help with my cupboards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. organizing the cabinets probably made you feel better than a nap would have... now you can sleep well tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it amazing how much we can clear out of our cupboards? I did a big clean up on mine not that long ago and I couldn't believe all the stuff I had that the expiry date was way past! No doubt, though, nap sounded good after you were done! lol Glad the boys loved the movie, I've heard it's really good.

    I can't believe you got to go see Charley Pride...lucky you!!! I've always been a big fan of his, mom always played his records while I was growing up:-)

    I had so much weeding and such to do in my flowerbeds when I got back from my trip, I haven't had any time to visit blogs until today! I'm so sorry I missed your call...E is on day shift next week so a call during the day would be great if you want to try again:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary-I always find it amazing-the things that accumulate in our cabinets. I know you feel good at getting yours cleaned out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love accomplishing those little projects that need to be done. It makes me feel good to get rid of clutter. Glad you finished your project while the guys went out to the movies.

    ReplyDelete