Thursday, November 13

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find all the information there.

This week, once again, I have much to be thankful for.

* Food on the table and a warm place to stay. There are many that don't have these necessities of life.

* For a husband who will lend a hand around the house when I need it.

* A mother who is in fairly good health. I am so lucky to have her. She is 81 years old and is very independent.

* For phone calls from Aunt May. She phoned to let me know that she isn't doing well. She is losing strength day by day and can barely lift her cane. Please pray for her.

* Phone calls from Brandon and Jordan. They always brighten my day.

* For lovely autumn weather. Even though it's been chilly, it's been bright and sunny the last few days and I've been able to get outdoors and enjoy the sights, sounds and fragrances of the season.

* For the night sky - the stars and the moon. It's wonderful to see its beauty as I take Meeko for his nightly walk.

* For Meeko who makes us smile and sometimes even laugh out loud. He is a great companion.

* Most of all this week, I am thankful for the veterans who fought for our freedom and the soldiers who are deployed in Afghanistan. May they be abundantly blessed for their service.

I enjoyed many Veteran's and Remembrance Day posts this week and enjoyed each and every one.

The cards for my soldier's card shower are coming in daily. Thanks to each of you that have participated. S is going to be thrilled when she opens the package with all of the cards.

Have a great day and remember to do a random act of kindness. Sometimes a smile is all it takes to brighten someone's day. ~Blessings, Mary~

19 comments:

  1. Prayers continue for you, your mom, and dear aunt may.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your lovely thankful post. Glad to hear your mom is doing very well. Will be praying for your Aunt May.

    Yes, pets are such wonderful companions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great thankful post. I too am thankful for a place to live and food to eat and a wonderful husband. Blessings to you...m..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list of things to be thankful for sure is a bit of a wake-up call as all too often I think we all forget or just take for granted all the things we have and instead, we tend to focus on the negatives. Good things on your list, Mary -very good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many things to be thankful for when we stop and think about it. We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an incredibly cool thankful list from the practical to the heart. Thanks for stopping by my blog -- it got me to yours and I love it here. I'll be adding you to my reader (but don't tell my husband; his eyes already pop out when he sees how much blog reading I have!) -- Kidding of course about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I absolutely love random acts of kindness. They are so much fun to do. What I love to do is when I'm really happy with a product or customer service, I find it fun to call and ask to speak to the Manager. Then I give him/her a compliment and I know it's just made their day. I love to surprise them. They answer ready for a complaint I'm sure. It just feels so good to help make someone else's day and who knows what pain you've helped to alleve them from. For example, what if they just got finished being chewed out by their District Manager? Can you imagine how that call would help them? It is best to ask the Lord what He would have us do for Him because then He helps you to time it right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so thankful that our U.S. Presidential election has ended.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad things are going well for you.
    This is a wonderful post.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this post Mary!! A great reminder of all the things I am thankful for too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do so love to look at the evening sky...the sparkle, the quiet solitude it gives to me.

    Prayers for your Aunt May.

    Also, hugs to the two favorite boys of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What blessings surround you! Praying for your Aunt. Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are a few things on your list that I am thankful for too.
    The weather has been a little cooler..but it is so refreshing.
    And I will join with you and thanking for husbands who help. Mine did the laundry today...and yes I am thankful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! I pray for your aunt and thank you for helping brighten the life of a soldier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blessings Mary...What a wonderful thankful heart you have and appreciate all you have and so blessed! Lifting Aunt May in prayer! Enjoy the lovely autumn & those precious phone calls from Brandon & Jordan!!! Good to hear the cards are arriving! I asked someone to send one for me! Thanks Mary for your remembrance of all who fight or fought for us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a marvelous gratitude list today! I continue to pray for your Aunt Mary and your mom. How lucky you are to have them both in your life. The full moon yesterday and this morning was amazing wasn’t it? Molly makes ME laugh too … and now that she’s clean again she’s more pleasant to cuddle with ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary, Thanks for sharing. My hubby helps around the house also, which is a huge blessing. Thanks for stopping by my place. Blessings. Mary

    ReplyDelete