Thursday, May 1

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find out all the information there.

This week I have a lot to be thankful for. I am always greatful for blessings received and don't take anything for granted.

1. I'm thankful for the researcher who realized that animal therapy could help us cope with both physical and mental disabilities.

2. For the people who run the farm where the boys go for their animal therapy each week.

3. For the animals that give of their love and affection to help the boys through the hard times that they experience. Both boys love the animals but they have especially helped Brandon cope with his Asperger's Syndrome.

4. I'm thankful for having legs that can carry me wherever I want to go. Many aren't so fortunate and though my legs sometimes cause me a lot of pain, I can still use them to get around.

5. I'm thankful for my eyesight and the eyedrops that keep my eye pressures low. Yes, I have been remembering to use them everyday.

6. For blood sugar levels that are not as high as they once were. I started taking a new medication two years ago and the results have been amazing.

7. For friends both online and in the real world. Friends are the blooms in the garden of life. Please be sure to take a copy of the button for your blog if you'd like.

8. I'm thankful that my aunt who has bone cancer is still with us. She has some pain and she's been told that the cancer will never go into remission, but she is holding her own - she's always been a fighter and not one to give up.

9. For answered pray, whether or not it is answered in the way that I was hoping for. God knows what's best for us better than we do.

10. For having the freedom to worship as I see fit and for the soldiers who risk there lives for us to continue to experience that freedom. Also for the ones who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Please leave a comment telling me what you are thankful for today. ~Blessings, Mary~


14 comments:

  1. Such a precious thankful list my friend. I am truly thankful for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary
    Your list is beautiful. Nascar has had a big thing about Austim before each race in April.
    I say a prayer each morning as I walk Maggie the first time . It is wonderful to be alive and smell and feel a new day. Peace be with you and Please continue the daily eye drops. Peace be with you today and always.
    love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about TT today and have already posted....... I will try to clean the cob webbs out and remember it next week........ I love your TT list and oh the love of a grandma's heart........ I so want grandchildren while I am young enough to teach them things that their parents do not want them to know.......ahahhaha But it does not look like that will happen for a while........ Chris is content as he is...... Single...... Have a great Thursday my friend.. I have a few jobs in my shop that I must do today.........

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have so much in this life to be thankful for!! Sometimes we do not know exactly how things would have went if we had not prayed about them. Great list!!

    Blessings to you, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Mary,

    Such a wonderful list and a reminder that we must never take things for granted, we need to be thankful for all that we DO have:-)

    I found your previous post so interesting as well. What would we do without animals...they benefit so many of us and they love us no matter what. The nursing home near here encourages people to bring pets to interact with the elderly...it's truly heartwarming to see them with the animals!! It's wonderful that the farm has benefited both the boys, especially Brandon. Makes you wonder how he'd be if it hadn't been for the interacting with the animals!

    It's 6c right now but it's supposed to reach 11c today...hopefully it will soon start warming up again. We were spoilt with that week of warm temps last week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes and please forgive me... I need to remember to include Canada for all my friends there... I have cob webs sometime in my gray matter... But I remember you daily in my prayes.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful list, Mary, and I enjoyed reading it. The boys are so much wiser for seeing the way animals are raised. Can you buy veggies at this farm or is it strictly a place to experience animals in their habitat?
    Thanks for mentioning the soldiers.
    Have a great day,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a sweet heart Mary---I love it.
    Sorry about your Aunt...I know that is hard. Paw Paw had a cancer that could not be treated.
    I thank God that one day she will be pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((hugs))) to YOU today!♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a great list! Wonderful things to be thankful for. I think I need to start participating in Thankful Thursday; help me keep things in perspective!

    Sorry I haven't been around to visit much lately. Wanted to let you know I got your book that I won quite awhile back! Thank you so much!

    Have a very thankful Thursday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful thankful list!

    The social work program where I work has a program called Human Animal Bond in Colorado - they go and work with people with disabilities of all sorts. It is a fantastic program.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a lovely thankful list from a grateful heart. I am thankful that I found you. May you be blessed always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary,

    That is a wonderful list and indeed a lot to be thankful for! I am very happy to see that you are remembering your eyedrops! :-)

    Hugs,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awesome that there is a farm that help through therapy for your grandsons.
    I am glad that your diabetic medicaion is working for you :)
    What a great witness your aunt is -through her bone cancer.

    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

    Be blessed today and always...

    ReplyDelete