Saturday, May 24

Amazing Grace

On Thursday night, I was visiting my blogging friends and happened upon this video over at My Little Corner of the World. Mari urged her readers to take a few minutes to watch it and I highly recommend it. This is an amazing lesson on Negro Spirituals and something that everyone should know. It's really incredible. Be sure to continue to watch the video until Wintley Phipps begins to talk about the song and tell about the music and what notes are used to write Negro Spirituals. You will be amazed, as I was. Enjoy!



Thank you, Mari for drawing my attention to this incredible information.

To my readers in the US, enjoy your Memorial Day weekend. ~Blessings, Mary~

12 comments:

  1. That is really wonderful and I saw it a few months ago somewhere here in the blog....... I so enjoyed it and I hope that others take the time to stop and listen...........

    You have a wonderful weekend my friend..........

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on a DVD. It is very inspirational and I think of it every time I hear Amazing Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for posting that..
    and LOVE your new look too.
    love ya much my friend..Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song...it's one of my all time favorites. IN fact, I think I have it listed on my 'favorite songs' list on my sidebar. It's chilling, it's poignant, it's beautiful!

    This is by far, a very PERFECT Post Mary!! You did it again. Great blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was very touched by it also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this awhile back and was amazed at the information. It was really cool.

    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was really good, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was beautiful!! Love and hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspired by God and written out of the depths of despair. I loved it and it was beyond words beautiful. Thank you so much for posting it and your friend also. Happy and a Blessed weekend to you...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Mary, thanks. You have a great holiday weekend:)
    hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this on someone else's blog recently and it is wonderful! Ironically, we had just had that very story about Amazing Grace in our devotional during choir practice. He has a fabulous voice,too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary,

    This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    Love & hugs,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete