Thursday, February 21

Thankful Thursday and A Little This - A Little That


Today is Thankful Thursday. It is a day when we list the things we are thankful for. If you would like to participate, be sure to stop by Sting My Heart and pay Iris a visit. You can find out all the information there.

1. I am thankful that my daughter, Michelle, had a successful surgery on Tuesday and that God guided the doctor's hands.

2. I am thankful that Michelle was in good spirits today. She got over her weepy spell of last night and was joking with Brandon this afternoon.

3. I am thankful that all of the tubes, oxygen and antibiotic drips are gone and that Michelle is negotiating the halls at a slow pace.

4. I am thankful for God giving me the words to comfort Brandon and Jordan on Tuesday while their Mom was having her surgery.

5. I am thankful for wonderful friends who prayed for Michelle and myself over the last few days and for weeks before the surgery. Thank you all for supporting me and my family through this.

6. I am thankful for Jesus paying the price for my sins. We are all sinners and would fall short of the glory of God if not for Him.

7. I am thankful that God has blessed me with talents and the ability to help others in my daily life.

8. I am thankful to have a grandson who has Asperger's Syndrome. He has taught me many lessons over his short 12 years and I learn from him often. He looks at the world differently and allows me to see the world through his eyes.

9. I am thankful the electrician came today and got the plug outlets in our house all up to code. Now the inspector can do his final inspection and the fire department will no longer have the need to call me three times a week.

10. Most of all, I'm thankful for God's Word, as it directs me in my daily life. Without it, I would be lost.

Update on Michelle: Brandon and I went to see Michelle just after noon today. You will remember that last night she was weepy, which is her nature at times, but think the antibiotics and pain med made her even more so. She is having very little pain and was off all the meds today. She had been up, had her shower and had been walking a bit in the halls when we saw her. She had eaten lunch and was laughing and joking with Brandon. She is on the mend. I believe she will be coming home on Saturday. Her doctor doesn't like to rush her patients out of the hospital. I will update you on any other happenings as they occur.

Denise at Shortybear's Place has tagged me for a meme. It's called the Book Me-Me.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the 5th sentence.

4. Post the next 3 sentences.

5. Tag 5 people

Well, the closest book to me with 123 pages is Smart-Opedia: The Amazing Book about Everything. Technically, it is a children's book, but it's full of all kinds of wonderful things about the world.

This is the three sentences:

An immense empire covered the whole Mediterranean basin and Asia Minor. Julius Ceasar, Rome's most famous general, had conquered Gaul. His nephew, Augustus, became the first Roman Emperor. Rome's borders would soon spread from Scotland to Arabia.
Now, I am to tag five people, but don't like tagging, so if you would like to participate, please do and then leave me a comment so I can read your meme.

I was sent this book to review and it is a wonderful book. I kept it as the boys are interested in all of the subjects that are between its covers. Included are the arts, animals, astronomy, history, plants, earth, science, technology, today's world and the human body. There is much to learn between the pages of this book. If you have kids, I recommend it highly. It is published by Maple Tree Press, Toronto, Ontario.

Thanks once again to all my dear friends and readers for your prayers and support during the last few days. Your love and kindness is greatly appreciated.

Be sure to remain alert so you can pass a kindness on to someone today. A random act of kindness brightens both the life of the recipient and the person who does the kindness~Blessings, Mary~

31 comments:

  1. God bless you about your daughter...and will keep her in my prayers...

    *Hugs* Thank you so much for your TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy TT to you!

    So blessed to read your daughter did well, and will be coming home soon.

    I'll continue to pray...

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the good report on that daughter..I know that you are so relieved...... I will continue to pray until be get the reports back....... I too have been tagged with the book thing and will do that first thing in the morning...... Get some rest as you have had a lot on your mind.... Rest ....... it is good for the body and the mind and the spirit.........

    hugsx0x00x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,
    I enjoyed reading your Thankful Thursday list and so happy to hear that your daughter is doing well. I continue to pray for her complete recovery. I am amazed that she has a doctor who will keep her in the hospital until she's well enough to go home. All the ones I know would have had her home already!! That, in itself, is a blessing!!

    Hugs,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so wonderful that your daughter is doing so well after her surgery. Glad to read that not all doctors send their patients home too early.
    I think it is so neat that your grandson is teaching you to see the world through his eyes.

    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

    Blessings to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got to laugh sweetie,,,or days like yesterday will get me......... hahahahha I am so happy for your sweet daughter....

    God is watching over you and yours my friend...........

    hugsx0x0x0

    ps......DH is giving me his new digital camera tomorrow...YEAH !!!!!!!!! I am going to take pictures..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thankful that Michelle is doing better today! Praise the Lord!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will pray for your daughter's early recovery...you are such a good mama...seems that you are also a much better grandma...I salute you for that...nice meeting you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You truly have much to be thankful for my friend. So glad that Michelle is doing well. Thanks for doing the meme, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful list. BTW, that's great news about your daughter. I'm praying for her quick recovery.

    www.makimeji.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. May God bless you in all you do today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great TT post. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Thanks for sharing. God Bless~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary
    May you be blessed today and always. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Mary,
    "HAPPY THANKFUL THURSDAY" to you. You do have so many things to be "THANKFUL" for. "PRAISE GOD" that Michelle is doing better and off the meds and up and walking some. It is so good that she has a doctor to keep her that long to make sure she is going to be okay. Here, they try to get you out of the hospital as quickly as possible. I have no reason why they do that, I guess it has something to do with the insurances down here. I'm still remembering Michelle and you and your Family in my prayers. I think that is so neat you are seeing things thru Brandon's eyes. I enjoyed reading your Book Meme. Sounds like a very good book to have. I don't think my DH and his Uncle are going to be able to make it home today as planned. I talked to him around 5:25a.m. this morning and he was about 30 miles from Topeka, KS. They were going to switch out and he was going to go to bed. They have to come thru Kansas City, MO and down to Springfield, MO and over to West Plains, MO, and then down here to home. I looked on a Missouri DOT Map and it appears all of the roads are ice covered. I know they will shut down if it gets too bad on them, but you have to watch out for the other drivers out there also. Please pray for their travels and safety. I would so appreciate it very much. I know I worry too much, but I just can't help it. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am delighted to here Michelle is doing so much better. You do have so much to be thankful for and I love that the Lord is such a big part of your gratitude. You have an awesome spirit about you! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary, I am so thankful that Michelle is doing so well. God is great and does answer prayer.

    I will continue to remember her and all in my prayers.

    You have a lot to be thankful for, as we all do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You daughter is in my prayers.. God bless you all.. Have a good day. Bunches of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mary,

    Thank the Good Lord that Michele is doing so well! She remains in my prayers, as well as you and the boys.

    Blessings and Love,

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great news about Michelle...she sure has a fine Mama (((hugs)))

    I'm going to do the book meme right here...the nearest book is Sisterchicks Do the Hula! by Robin Jones Gunn as I just posted on it yesterday.

    Page 123
    fifth sentence and following three...speaking of making lei's...

    What do you want to say to the person who will receive it? When you know that, you will know how to string your lei."
    Laurie didn't require any further art direction.

    Have a great day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good to know that your Michele is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know she will be okay.Will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mary,I am so glad that Michelle is doing better.God does answer prayers.With taht being said,I truely hope that you are haveing a Blessed day.Mike

    ReplyDelete
  23. You asked where we are going in Canada and where we have been. We are going to the capitol of Canada. Can't think of the name of it right now. Then we have been to Van Couver, but we just flew into there to leave on a ship going to Alaska, so we didn't see much of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So happy to hear the good report on Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm very thankful to hear the good news about Michelle - I am very behind this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You had a wonderful list today. I'm pleased things are going well for Michelle. I'm sure it was comforting for the boys to see her ups and about, joking with them and all.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  27. If you still need someone for Pay it Forward, I'll do it. Just let me know.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Hysterectomy is a very emotional surgery and reason enough for tears.
    It usually just takes a little time to adjust. I pray she continues to do well and feels like a new woman soon.
    I enjoyed reading all the things you are thankful for and share many.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mary, I'm so glad Michelle is feeling better today. Hope she gets to come home Sat..Thanks for keeping us informed.
    Hugs & love ~Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love reading gratitude lists and yours is wonderful indeed. I'm so happy Michelle is doing better each day and I wish her for a speedy recovery. Thanks also for you daily reminders to practice kindness.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mary,

    Thank you for the updates on Michelle. It is so good to know how well she is doing. As you can see, we all join you in being thankful for that!!

    That sounds like a good book. I find that children's books often are very handy and informative even for us "grownups". :-)

    Take care.
    Love & Hugs,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete