Sunday, December 9

Be a Blessing this Christmas - Let your Light Shine


Well, it's that time. December 10, 2007. This is the date that Sharon at Sit With Me Awhile and I chose for posting Mr. Linky so we can all share the blessings that we've taken part in this Christmas season.

First of all I'd like to thank each of your for participating in this project with Sharon and I. I would also like to thank Sharon for being a BIG part of this project. Thank you, dear friend. Each of us that are participating has reached out in HIS name to Let our Light Shine.

Monday is the deadline for posting how you Let your Light Shine. Because Mr. Linky is still not cooperating with me, I must ask you to click on the link to Sharon's blog to add your name. All you have to do is type in your first name and the URL of your Let your Light Shine post. I apologize for the inconvenience, but for some reason Mr. Linky just doesn't like me. :-)

Thanks also to all of you who posted a link to this project and helped to make it a success. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.



Let me tell you what I've done this year to let my light shine. Here are a bunch of brand new books that I've donated to the local Christmas Baskets program. It is run by the city and the Salvation Army and provides gifts for kids and also a holiday food basket. Since I am an avid reader and believe strongly in literacy, hubby and I have donated these.


Besides this, we donated a bag of canned goods to the local food bank and also one to the Christmas Baskets program. This will help meet the goal of no family going without a Christmas dinner. They give out food stuffs for an entire Christmas dinner, which includes either a turkey for a family or a ham for couples and single people. This is a very worthy cause. I would hate to see anyone go without enough food over the Christmas season. These are handed out in the week prior to Christmas.

When I saw Sharon's post, Pick Me, I was very touched. I talked to hubby and we decided to give to this needy cause. It seems that 16 year old Britt has decided to help his sister, who is a missionary in Thailand provide Christmas gifts for 123 orphans. What a spectacular young man. So, to help him reach his goal, we have asked if we can help two boys between the ages of 10 and 12, in honor of our grandsons, who are that age. I will be hearing from Britt soon and will be sure and keep you updated. If you still haven't chosen something for Sharon's and my project, please stop by and donate $10 to give one of these children a gift this Christmas. CLICK HERE

Thanks once again to all those who have been a blessing this Christmas. Please add your name to Mr. Linky at Sit With Me Awhile to let others know how you let your light shine.


Blessings ~Mary
Update: Britt, Bev's 16 year-old son, who started this project has raised money to provide for 50 orphans and he has picked the two boys who I decided to sponsor. They are Worrayoth, age 11, who is the first boy in the second row and Chalerm, age 12, who is the last boy in the 3rd row. I will pray for both of these boys. Thank you, Britt, Brooke and Bev for allowing me this opportunity to make Christmas a little brighter for these children. Blessings, ~Mary~

24 comments:

  1. Still catching up. The peony is beautiful and I will put Brandon in my prayers. I will also put Grandma Mary who will miss the conveniant 7 min drive. But Grandma Mary will figure out how to stay in touch with those darlings.
    Enjoy each moment before the move and then when you see them the visit will even be more special.
    Bless you and keep you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you have blessed my heart. I have enjoyed joining hands with you in His name.
    I have enjoyed getting to know your heart. It is big and filled with our Fathers love. I think you are very special and I thank my God for you.
    Thank you for inviting me to join with you. I have been blessed.
    You have planted seeds that will not come back without fruit of their own.
    Thanks for helping Britt's son achieve his goal.
    Thank you girl!
    God bless you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I will write a post about it, but I took the name of a 5 year old little girl off our local school's Angel Tree for needy children and bought toys, clothes, shoes and candy for her.

    This is the first year that I've been financially able to do this because I got my Disability check started. I'm not rich by any means but I'm thankful that God allowed me to get my Disability and I'm pleased to be able to help a child have a nice Christmas.

    Love and God bless,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Di,

    I think we are all behind in reading one another's blogs right now. I'm still catching up also.

    Thanks so much for your prayers and comforting words. I will be enjoying time with the boys. It will take a couple of months at least for the move to take place. Their home hasn't sold yet and it's not being shown now until after Christmas.

    Thanks for being such a great friend.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,

    It's been my pleasure teaming up with you to provide some blessings this Christmas. I thank God for allowing our paths to cross. I've also enjoyed getting to know you better.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,

    I do hope you will post about the little girl that you have blessed. If you do, please add your name to Mr. Linky. It's always nice to hear what others have done to promote the Christmas Spirit.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Mary,
    I chose a boy named Worrayoth, Age 11, and another boy Chalerm, Age 12 for you.
    My mom will e-mail you their pictures.
    Thank you very much to your family for giving to both boys and praying for them. Britt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, this is Bev...
    thank you so much for listening to your beautiful God and hearing His heart to be involved in the lives of others this Christmas. People have responded unbelievably through the blog to Britt's request to help his sister. 50 orphans have been sponsored so far...THAT'S $500 that Britt has raised---I'm so touched. My daughter can get so many good things in Thailand for $10 for one orphan. These orphans are from the hill tribes and they have very little possessions. This will be one of the best gifts ever received for some of them. And, my daughter will help out at that orphanage for one more year so it's ongoing ministry. Brooke is fluent in Thai. So, I can't thank you enough for your initiative to do Romans 12:13 - to help the strangers and show God's Love. I think God is smiling down on this whole project you guys have done! Thanks again, from the bottom of this mother's heart. You have no idea how happy you have made my missionary daughter that she can give such lavish gifts to these kids she adores. A thousand thanks, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Britt,

    Thank you so much for chosing these precious boys for me. I admire what you are doing for the orphans. You are an admirable young man. Thank you so much for touching the lives of others.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bev,

    I'm so happy that I can touch the lives of the orphans, as well as Britt and his sister. I look forward to your email with the photo.

    You must be a very proud mother to have children who are doing God's work. Thank you, Britt and your daughter for allowing me to touch the lives of these two boys in honor of my grandsons.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for being a Christmas blessing my dear friend, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise,

    I always try to give at Christmas, as I was once in need and was blessed by God.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Mary,
    I just want to say "THANK YOU" so much for having such a wonderful and giving heart. You and Pea are truly such wonderful friends. I am Proud and Honored to have met you both and to call you both FRIENDS. As you know, we are not financially able to help anyone this year. Hopefully next year will be better and we can be able to help someone out next Christmas. When we were going thru things at the other house before we moved here in August, I did give away alot of the girls clothes they had out grown to a Church where my Mom lives. The Church has a clothes closet for needy people. I did donate some things to our Church as well for an Inside Yard Sale. I still have some things to go thru at the old house, and when I do, I know I will give it to someone who needs it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Well, take care my friend and have a great Monday. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen,

    I have been where you are and it's very difficult. Don't worry about not having anything to give. You've given in the past and you will give in the future when you are back on your feet. You have a giving heart and that counts as well.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary,
    What a beautiful post. I was going to be sending mittens for orphans in NYC in a Hearts to Hand program that I participated in last year, but with the new developements on our own North Coast, I will now be giving my mittens and other items (food, clothing & toys) to local families whose homes have been devestated by flooding and hurricane strength winds that we have all just experienced.
    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're a winner, come by Deck the Blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I just got my post up about being a blessing at Christmas!! I am my way over to Sharon's to add my name to the list!!
    You have blessed a lot of people and it sure is a blessing knowing you!! So glad I found your blog and became your friend!! Love and Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paula,

    Yes, charity begins at home and I'm glad you are going to give the mittens to the children who were affected by the floods and winds.

    Please be sure to post about it and add your name to Mr. Linky.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marie,

    Thanks so much. I rarely win anything and that baby T-shirt will look adorable on my great-nephew.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Grams,

    I love you my friend. You have been a great blessing to me. I thank God everyday for your friendship.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just wonderful. You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kathleen Marie,

    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such kind words. I appreciate your friendship.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dearest Mary,

    You have such a caring and giving heart, I could see that in you right from the start:-) I love how you're helping others in need and that you've also decided to help Britt make Christmas brighter for these orphans...I get tears in my eyes when I think of the smiles on their faces on Christmas morning:-) Thank you for being YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet Pea,

    Thank you so much for the kind words. I do love giving and I can see that in you as well. Kind deeds and giving to others is what makes me happy. I sometimes wish I had a million dollars just so I could give to others, generously.

    Thanks for being such a dear friend.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete